Friday 21 September 2012

The truth is out there - Part III

Has the X-files series ever been popular in India? I have never been a fan myself but it taught me that “the truth is out there”. There is a slight problem tough: the truth is different, depending on where you are. The philosophers have found a nice name (a –ism name, the worst) for that nebulous concept: they call it relativism. My nomadic existence exposed me to its consequences: an incredibly large array of emotions, from embarrassment to disbelief, from amusement to irritation. Let me tell you my journey.
 
From Paris to Hong Kong – Age 23
Let me tell you that one with the help of a quiz:
Q1: Botanically speaking, a tomato is a:
a)      Fruit
b)      Vegetable
c)       I don’t know
Q2: Botanically speaking, a zucchini is a:
a)      Fruit
b)      Vegetable
c)       I don’t know
Q3: Botanically speaking, a red bean is a:
a)      Fruit
b)      Legume
c)       I don’t know
Q4: Red bean is the perfect ingredient for ice creams:
a)      Yuck!
b)      Yum! Yum!
c)       I don’t like ice creams
You are correct if you have answered a) to Q1 and Q2. You are also correct if you have answered b) to Q3. If you have answered c) to Q1, 2 and 3, I believe you are a lost case.
Let us now look at the unexpected Q4: I would answer a. If you have answered c, you are missing one of the greatest culinary inventions! But if you have answered b, you are probably from Hong Kong.
Lavender and basil ice-creams are one thing. But seriously guys, red bean?????

... to be continued ...

3 comments:

  1. Il existe bien des macarons tomates/basilic et des chocolats fourrés au sang de porc...
    http://www.telerama.fr/musique/dans-les-tenebres-pop-de-soap-skin,80307.php

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Macarons tomates/basilic: ca me dit bien. J'ai fait un jour des macarons basilic/citron: un delice (gustatif mais certainement pas visuel, le delice)!

      Le sang de porc dans le chocolat, mouais.... Je le prefere dans le boudin aux chataignes...

      Delete
  2. Funny. I like icecreams if they don't smell of milk but avoid them. Maybe red beans will help !

    ReplyDelete